CAE APPLICATION ENGINEER
TurboTides, Inc, Lebanon/Hanover, NH USA
TurboTides, Inc. is an international company providing advance software and engineering services for turbomachinery design and development. We are seeking an experienced turbomachinery design engineer to join our growing and dynamic team as a CAE Application Engineer (specializing in turbomachinery). The company and this full-time position are located in Lebanon/Hanover, NH USA. Off-site/satellite location may be considered.
As part of a growing team of passionate and dedicated experts, you will be responsible for pre-sales and post-sales engineering support for our clients: turbomachinery designers using our integrated Design and analysis system, TurboTides.
The Applications Engineer must be able to understand the technical needs of the client and be able to effectively demonstrate and convey the technical merits of the TurboTides software for successful opportunity closure. The Applications Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships from end-user to senior management throughout a sales cycle.
- Develop a full understanding of the TurboTides CAE software product
- Assume the primary technical relationship with the customer
- Active listening: Clearly identifies and understands the customer’s needs and requirements
- Provide clear and concise demonstrations/presentations to customer’s needs and expectations (on-line and on‑site)
- Performs technical validations for the customer to aid in the purchase decision
- Provide delivery & jumpstart/front-line support for software trial licenses (training and support through trial process)
- Work with Engineering and Development departments to convey needs of customers and potential changes/enhancements to the product
- Provide customer training and training support duties
- Effectively articulate/highlight product strengths/uniqueness
- Assist Sales Manager in technical activities throughout sales cycle. Including demonstrations, presentations, trial license/evaluation training and mentoring
- Work with Sales Manager to coordinate regional workshops/seminars and customer technical exchange events (including tradeshows)
- Help Create videos, Tutorials and exercises for CAE Software & Training
- BS. in Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- 3 – 5 years applicable design engineering within the turbomachinery industry
- Solid understanding of Turbomachinery design and functions (CAE and CFD)
- Experience with structural design, including linear stress, modal analysis, vibration, etc.
- Outgoing and inflective personality (comfortable in presenting/performing in front of people)
- Proficiency in at least one major CAD software
- Fluency in English (any other languages a plus)
- Available to travel 30%
- Willing to relocate (not mandatory)