Hanover, N.H. – July 21, 2020 — TurboTides, Inc., provider of state-of-the-art turbomachinery design technology, today announces that its TurboTides™ 2020 Annual Release is now shipping. With newly upgraded turbomachinery design and analysis features and enhancements, the TurboTides 2020 Annual Release provides engineers with key capabilities, including stage and components-level data reduction, powerful volute modeling, multi-segment CAD import, secondary flow path modeling and flank milling features. These upgrades were developed in response to input from TurboTide’s software users for the benefit of existing and new users. With the new features and an advanced graphical user interface (GUI) in this version, the TurboTides 2020 Annual Release is a superior comprehensive integrated software system for the optimization of centrifugal and axial compressors, turbines, pumps and fans.
“We are very excited about this release,” said Xuwen Qiu, Ph.D., founder and president of TurboTides. “This release is an important milestone for TurboTides as it incorporates all the components we set out to include when we started the company.”
Qiu added that TurboTides is designed to address two primary issues in a typical turbomachinery design optimization process:
- Ability to Complete Designs on a Single Platform: Current processes require the use of many separate design and simulation tools, ranging from preliminary design, 3D geometry generation, 2D and 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), meshing, optimization and more. The data transfer between each stage of designs can be tedious and time consuming. TurboTides is a seamlessly integrated system that allows users to complete designs on a single platform with all the functional modules interacting with each other, making the design iterations much more efficient. Designers can now focus more time coming up with innovative ideas to improve machine performance.
- Ability to Bring in and Build on Existing Data: In a typical design system, the quality of the simulation is dependent on the accuracy of the solver, and more accurate test data cannot be brought into the process. The data reduction technology developed by TurboTides allows designers to use existing, higher-fidelity data to calibrate 1D models, thus fast-tracking design iterations.
“The benefit of enabling users to tie existing design data into a 1D model with the known accuracy of test data is a highly valuable time saver that also greatly enhances and accelerates product evolution,” Qiu says.
Some benefits of the new features and upgrades in the TurboTides 2020 Annual Release are:
• the use of CFD or test data to calibrate 1D models.
• sophisticated volute editing capabilities, such as various cross-section shape and area distribution, plus dual volute and tongue editing that allows users to generate accurate 3D volute models.
• the ability to bring in past successful designs, then parameterize and use them as the basis for the next design evolution.
• the use of secondary flow path capability to perform 3D CFD calculation for front and rear leakage paths, as well as casing treatment applications, for accurate leakage flow and axial thrust predictions.
• the ability to define cutting tools and the tool path to generate flank millable blades to reduce manufacturing costs.
The TurboTides 2020 Annual Release is now available via the company’s worldwide sales office and authorized distributors. For more information, go to: https://turbotides.com/contact-us/.
The TurboTides 2020 Annual Release is an easy-to-use comprehensive integrated turbomachinery design system for the optimization of centrifugal and axial compressors, turbines, pumps and fans.
TurboTides is hosting a free webinar for anyone interested in learning how to more easily and quickly build new turbomachinery designs or to leverage existing designs into their next evolutions. The two-hour webinar is scheduled for:
• Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST)
We look forward to your attendance.
Click the registration box below to secure your participation
About TurboTides Inc.
Founded in 2015 by Dr. Xuwen Qiu, TurboTides, Inc. is a New Hampshire corporation located in Hanover, N.H., USA. TurboTides, Inc. develops, markets, sells and supports the TurboTides Turbomachinery Integrated Design System, a new generation of advanced commercial software for turbomachinery design and analysis.