TurboTides includes a full 3D Navier-Stokes CFD capability.
A very easy to use CFD solution for turbomachinery.
- Grid generation is fully automatic and based on the unified geometry model. Generates structured (impeller) and unstructured (volute) grids.
- Initial conditions and boundary conditions are applied automatically based on the known conditions from 1D and 2D models.
- Solver is a pressure-based, implicit, unstructured solver developed by TurboTides.
- Supports incompressible flows plus compressible flows from subsonic to supersonic.
- Post-processing is entirely built into TurboTides, as is extraction of flow-averaged quantities, stage efficiency, etc. Generates reports automatically.
- Can be operated by optimizer to automate design iterations using CFD results as part of the objective function.
- TurboTides can also output CFD files for use by general-purpose CFD packages, such as ANSYS® Fluent® and FINE™/Turbo.
- TurboTides CFD can also be used to run full performance maps automatically so that results can be used in data reduction mode of the 1D meanline analysis to improve meanline performance prediction accuracy.
TurboTides includes a full 3D finite-element based structural solution.
- For structural, thermal, modal, and rotordynamic analysis.
- Unstructured grid is based on the unified geometry model and is done fully automatically.
- Initial conditions and boundary conditions are applied automatically based on the known conditions from upstream models.
- Optionally map CFD results automatically to FEA model as boundary conditions
- “One-Click” solution with all necessary post-processing functions (stress/strain display, vibration analysis report, etc.) included in the TurboTides environment.
- Can be operated by optimizer to automate design iterations using FEA results for part of the success criteria.
- TurboTides can also output files for use by general-purpose FEA packages, such as ANSYS® Mechanical or ABAQUS®.